Saturday 30 April 2016

Face brushes

I wanted to talk about make up brushes for a long time. I use only make up brushes and I swear by them. I love using brushes more than hands or sponges. I am going to make a two part blog post about the brushes: first part will be face brushes, second part will be eye brushes. 



I have tried many of different face brushes. These are what works for me the best. I might change them after a while but for now these are my Gods. 

As I use bare minerals foundation I wanted very airbrushed look. Something that’s buffed in and hardly visible. All this time I was using buffing brush. It is amazing for building coverage but that wasn’t what I wanted, so I tried powder brush once. Oh my! The face looked flawless and buffed and just gorgeous. If you read this blog for long that you will know I don’t like to cake up with make up, especially when it comes to foundation. 


I use buffing brush when I want more coverage or with liquid products. It blends well and buffs nicely but it doesn’t have that barely there feel. Sometimes I use the buffing brush to apply foundation and then I blend everything out with powder brush. 




I use this double bristle powder brush on all powder products. To powder the skin, to flick the bake or if I want just a little something in my T zone (with no additional product just whatever is left on the brush from the previous uses). It takes the least amount of product and distributes it thoroughly. I think this is the best brush for dusting and setting the foundation.



Moving onto concealer brushes. Two of my favourite concealer brushes mainly because one is for wet products and another is for powder.



I usually use this brush to collect the concealer from my hand and put it onto the points where I need to conceal. Then I would go in with the beauty blender. Sometimes I blend the concealer with this brush if I don't have my beauty blender or if I am lazy. I feel like with this brush you can really push the concealer in and build the coverage. 



I use this brush for Bare mineral concealer as well as to really blend the edges of a liquid concealer. I also use this brush to apply my bake. It takes a lot of product and it fits in all the right corners. I just love this brush so much it is perfect for blending and applying the product. 



Now onto perfecting the skin brushes. Contour brushes are the most needed for me. I have a chubbier face so contour really helps me to have shape in my face. I love both of these equally. They do more than I need and I will be forever grateful to these creations. I alternate between the two a lot, unless I am going all out with the make-up then I use them both.


This angled sculpting brush blends everything so nicely. It is super soft and quite strong and you can really sharpen and build your contour. I love this for both contour and bronzer. I most probably use this every day. 


This lover is more expensive than other contour brushes but it gives me a really sharp colour which I love. If I want more colour under my cheek bone but I want the edges to be blended out I would apply the product with Bold Metals (gold) brush and then go in with sculpting (pink angled) brush. 



Finally the two brushes that bring everything together. I tried to use many blusher brushes and I find this works the best. When it comes to highlighter I tried all the brushes I have but I just want a brush that is purely for highlighter. Rather than clean the same brush after every use.


This is just so amazing. It has a tip and the bristles around the tip are shorter for blending purposes. Because you want you blusher to be there and not make you look like a tomato you really need to blend it out which this brush does perfectly. The blusher comes out a perfect shade. I love this. 


As I said I tried many highlighter brushes. Other brushes I tried I found that it just blends out the highlighter and it is not as shimmery and gorgeous as I would like. This brush just sits your highlighter on your cheek and daaaaaaamn it makes you look so good. 


Tell me what do you apply your make-up with? which brushes should I try? What alter egos have you found? 

Yours Izabele
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Design by | SweetElectric