Monday 28 November 2016

Short STORY

Hello everyone! 

I wanted to post something different this time. 
Since the whole reason why I created a blog rather than YouTube channel was because I wanted to write, I thought I could add a little short story I have written quite a while back. 
This was one of the first works of mine that was recognised by my teacher and also was the start of my writing. 
I wrote this for my GCSE coursework and it is inspired by a poem. I do not remember what the poem was or who it was written by but I do remember it was about a newly wed couple who would close their shop for a few hours just to have some couple time. 

So here goes nothing. I hope you like it. 



The woman in the picture

8:45 in the morning. The last batch of freshly made chocolate croissants are out of the oven. A smell of buttery vanilla with a very strong kick of chocolate fills the air, a smell that makes you forget about early, rainy mornings. The colour of these precious babies perfectly matches the walls of my shop: yellowish-brown, just like early spring honey.
Besides my love for perfect pastries I have another love, for a tall, big shouldered man. Brown eyed, long haired; covered in full body tattoos. Ha I don’t know what’s gotten into me. He is completely opposite to me. But opposites attract. 
I am a 30 year old woman and run the bakery shop left by my dad. And what a shop I have! All morning people pop in to buy some of my delicious just-made pies, with a warming cup of coffee. A perfect beginning to a new day. I follow latest fashion trends and prefer to wear those slimming dresses that make you look as slim as those size 0 models on those white runways. Then I throw some accessories on to make me look presentable just in case I have a meeting later. And of course high heels. No woman can forget those gorgeous high heels! It is the next best thing after bakery and sex.
And him! A tattoo artist! My daddy wasn’t too sure why I picked him… neither am I to be honest. Sometimes he’s such a bore. All he ever does is draw. But what a drawing he gave me the other day! It was so beautiful I hanged it on the wall of my shop. He said: 
“This is a perfect sigh of midnight on the beach with a sky full of stars, and this warmish breeze that surrounds you while you sit on the cold sand inhaling salty sea air that makes you a little dizzy. That is my favourite place to get away. And I drew it for you.”
My knees felt like cotton balls soaked in water. So heavy and so soggy. I couldn’t stand. I needed a chair to sit as I was imagining that perfect sigh on the beach with him. It was my favourite place too… My breathing became deep and slow and I could hear my heart beat. Oh he knows how to drive me insane! I am not that kind of person to show my emotions to others and it was too soon to show them to him, even though I do love him like crazy. I put on a smile and replied with a joke.
“And I was thinking you can only draw in black and white.” 
We both laughed. 
His work room is full of mysteries. Well to my eyes at least. It’s like this greyish dirty colour. I suppose like most artists’ work places. On the walls he has lots of different objects and paintings. Some of them are finished and some – just raw ideas. There’s an immense wooden table in the middle, painted in all sort of colours from his previous work, and some cabinets around the room. Just between you and me that table becomes quite comfy in the middle of the day… oh and the squeaky noise makes it so dangerous… well you know what I mean. I must admit we test this table a lot… or any other exiting surfaces. I had couple of complaints from customers. Once I made the batch of maple pies and Mediterranean bread; that was about midday. They were in the oven, slowly tanning and I had 25 minutes free time. Well of course I won’t just sit there relaxing. So I went upstairs to check on my hubby. As I passed through the hallway, I saw red armchairs sleeping in the left corner. A beautiful dark red orchid resting on the glass table with separates the armchairs. On the right there was a door to his room.
We spoke for couple of minutes about the bakery when my eye caught something rather impressive. A beautiful portrait of a woman. It wasn’t finished. He was still working on the face and the hair. 
“Who is this?” I asked
“Oh this is nothing. Well just something I’ve been working on lately. You weren’t supposed to see it till it’s finished.” 
“Wait I have this top?!” 
“Yeah…” 
He paused. 
“Well I saw this blouse on you the other day and you looked more beautiful than ever, so I decided to draw you in it. I was keeping it a secret form you for a couple days and I was planning to give it to you tomorrow.”
The same sogginess rushed through my knees and this time I thought I was going to pass out. I jumped and wrapped my legs around his waist; whispered into his ear:
“I love you,” 
and kissed him deliriously. 

40 minutes later I rushed downstairs with the smell of burned bread and pies. I saw unhappy customer faces looking at me. My cheeks turned bright pink. What an embarrassment! I thought to myself. As I opened the oven I saw crispy golden brown goodies. The room was filled with different scents, but you could almost taste the smell of maple, sundried tomatoes and vanilla. No French perfume could kill this bakery smell. That’s why I love it so much. When I exposed my baking goods, which looked a lot browner than other pastries, I saw confused customer faces, as though they wanted to ask me: 
“What happened?” 
My cheeks weren’t helping either. And YES I did receive a couple of complaints that day.

* * *
8 pm on the Friday evening. Last customer has left the shop wishing me goodnight. I smiled at him politely and locked the door behind him.
“Jane! Chris!” 
They have emerged from the kitchen.
“Don’t worry about the kitchen, I’ll clean it myself. I suppose you can go.”
“Thank you Lena, have a nice weekend.”
“Oh thank you, you too.”
I’ve spent lots of time cleaning the tables and the kitchen, then I started working on the finances of the shop. I heard footsteps and glanced at the clock. 10pm. 
Andrew hugged me from behind. 
“Look, this is for you as I promised.” 
He gave me his finished drawing, which looked beautiful. The woman in the painting looked young and happy. Her hair was full and wavy. The colour of chocolate, with streaks of dark red and honey colour highlights. She was beautiful but I couldn’t relate her to me, at first. 
“I think you should forget your finances for a moment and do something you love.” 
He was trying to cheer me up. 
“What about some golden cinnamon rolls?” 
His smile was sure pure; it was like looking at the child in the sweet shop.
“Oh okay… I suppose I could do with some cooking right now.” 
I smiled.

He helped me to make those gorgeous dark brown cinnamon rolls. I had so much fun, I had never had this much fun in my life. Oh and they turned out so tasty. The pastry was buttery and crispy, cinnamon and sugar combined so well, it wasn’t too sweet and you could still taste the spice of cinnamon; when melted sugar create a glasslike crust, which reminded me of crème brulee. 
We both sat on the floor net to the window with a big plate of cinnamon rolls between us. We were looking at the night sky, full of stars. We laughed. We kissed. At that moment I felt happiest woman in the world. I was the woman in the picture. 

The End
Yours Izabele
xoxo

84 comments:

  1. Thank you for consistently serving content that is always useful for me as a reader. Hopefully you are always given health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deeply appreciate your hard work in presenting quality content. It certainly requires skill and mature experience. I am very grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have long been a loyal reader of your blog, has a lot of knowledge that I get from your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very enthusiastic when visiting your blog, because your content always provide benefits and information for me. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your content will benefit the people, hopefully you can continue to consistently deliver useful content. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your content is very interesting to read, after I read slowly, it turns out a lot of information that I can get. thanks for the information

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your content does have its own charm for me, because many of them can give me knowledge. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for all the information and knowledge you have given through blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for consistently delivering creative and informative content.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The content you create is very memorable for me, this is the reason I always visit your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for faithfully displaying great content. Hopefully your blog increasingly skyrocketed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for providing a lot of information through good articles. Hopefully you can still provide various other interesting information

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for this helpful information. Hopefully you are always healthy in order to continue to work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really enjoy reading your article, many knowledge that I can take and I use in life. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for the knowledge you have given me through the content on your blog. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am very happy to visit and enjoy quality articles on your blog. thank you


    Obat Menghentikan Menstruasi Berkepanjangan Paling Cepat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your articles are very useful for me. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  18. The content that you present really feel the benefits for me personally. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  19. A great article will definitely be read by many people, so keep for articles that are amazingly good and certainly useful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your articles mean a lot to me, because your articles always provide new knowledge for me. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your content is very remarkable, I so feel linger in your blog. thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am happy to continue to enjoy your content, always a lot of information I get from your content. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your content is very inspiring me, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  24. Articles that you create is always inspiring and provide many lessons for me, so I feel at home while visiting your blog.


    obat kaligata untuk ibu menyusui

    ReplyDelete
  25. The content that you discuss is very qualified, I also can new knowledge from your article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  26. This article is very impressive for me, a lot of new science that I get from this article. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  27. The content you created is very good and useful for me, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you for the knowledge you share.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The content you provide is very useful for me, keep sharing the good. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for this useful science, never get bored to share.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This article is very amazing, I say thank you for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This article is very useful for me, much information I get from this article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your content is very good and neat, writing also I like, because it is more relaxed and nice to read. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  34. Quality content is always make the reader so feel at home. Thank you very much

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for all this has been a lot of science for me, hope you remain happy and always healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Content that is very useful for me, I will also share to my friends and people in my social media. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your article is very good and contains a lot of information, I'm glad to be able to read it.

    pengobatan penebalan dinding rahim selain kuret

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your articles are very good and memorable, I always get a new lesson after visiting your blog. Thank you for inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hope you have more inspiration to create new content. Thanks for helping a lot

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is a good article, I get a lot of knowledge from this article. Do not forget to keep working. Ok, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is a good article, I get a lot of knowledge from this article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  42. The content you created is very useful for me, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very good content in my opinion, many people who need information like this, including myself. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  44. Not in vain i visited your blog, i get a lot of information from here. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your article is very interesting, I am very helpful with this article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  46. The contents of your article is very useful for me, hopefully you can continue to innovate in presenting quality content like this. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  47. After several visits to your blog, I am very happy because a lot of science that I can absorb from your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  48. After reading the content on this blog, i got many valuable lessons. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  49. Your article is very useful for me, thank you always give the best article

    ReplyDelete
  50. Your articles are very useful for me, it's nice to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  51. though often drop by to your blog, I never get bored with the content you serve

    ReplyDelete
  52. your article is amazing, I am very grateful to you, because it has helped me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  53. some of the articles you present are very useful for me, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  54. some of the articles you presented are very useful to me, thanks for sharing my selflessness

    ReplyDelete
  55. it's great to continue enjoying your great content. thank you for sharing many things

    ReplyDelete
  56. Your content is highly variable, and very weighty and contains lots of useful information. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  57. your content is very varied, so I do not get bored to keep visiting your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  58. this article is very amazing, I like the style of writing is simple but weighty. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  59. your article is very good, I really salute to you who can consistently create quality articles.

    ReplyDelete
  60. as a layman, I feel happy when reading your article, a lot of information that I get, and this proves that your content is quality. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  61. thank you for giving science useful for me. hopefully you continue to be given health.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your content is very qualified, so I love to keep visiting your blog. thank you

    cara alternatif mengobati penebalan dinding rahim

    ReplyDelete
  63. the information you make is very accurate, I like the way you convey this information.

    ReplyDelete
  64. how you convey information is very fitting and easy to understand, I become more motivated after see this article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  65. highly qualified content, the information you collect is also interesting for me to read and share. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  66. I am very happy to continue to enjoy your quality content like this. hopefully your knowledge continues to grow and can share ilu to the readers. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  67. the information you collect is very interesting and qualified in my opinion, so I do not hesitate to share it with others. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  68. writing this article is unique and easy to understand, because it uses a simple language but still provide complete information.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I like the look of your blog and it makes my mood so good when reading the article on your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  70. interesting articles like this are being sought after, I also include people who look for it. very lucky I can visit your blog. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  71. Amazingly, I am grateful to be able to get information like this, rarely can I get this complete information. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  72. I really appreciate the articles you make, I really enjoy reading this quality article. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  73. after listening to what you submit on this blog, I am very impressed with some of the things that you want to give in this paper. I think it's great

    ReplyDelete
  74. I think this article is good, but in some ways this article is not too detailed in informing something. but I say thank you

    ReplyDelete
  75. I think this article is good, but in some ways this article is not too detailed in informing something. hopefully the future can be better again. thank you

    ReplyDelete
  76. I see your article is very complete discussion, this is the information I need so far. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  77. thank you for giving me the information I need. I am glad to be able to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  78. thank you for giving me the information I need. I'm glad to be able to read this article calmly and easily understood.

    ReplyDelete
  79. thank you for the information you have given me, thank you

    obat penebalan dinding rahim

    ReplyDelete
  80. the articles you created are very useful, much of the knowledge I get from this article. thank you

    cara mengatasi penyempitan saluran indung telur

    ReplyDelete
  81. the article you created is very useful, thank you for sharing to many people.

    ciri-ciri saluran indung telur tersumbat

    ReplyDelete
  82. the information is very complete and detailed, so I do not need to bother looking for other sources.

    pengobatan masalah tuba falopi

    ReplyDelete
  83. I am very glad to be able to read this article, a little more I got useful information from this article. thank you

    obat luka diabetes paling aman

    ReplyDelete
  84. this article draws my attention with good and quality discussions.

    4 bahan alami untuk menyembuhkan luka bakar

    ReplyDelete

AD

Design by | SweetElectric