Wednesday 13 January 2016

Tanya Burr Cosmetics


I already mentioned that I had Tanya's advent calendar this year. I was super excited about the lipglosses and the eyeshadow. Mainly to see if it is any good. I loved the calendar and I love that it had many different products.

I was pleasantly surprised with the eyeshadow. There are two eyeshadows in the calendar and it is shimmery loose eye shadow. They come in colours: Starry Night and Creme Brulee. My favourite gotta be Creme Brulee (the coppery one on the right) purely because it is such a wearable colour and I wear it all the time. As it is loose powder you can build your pigmentation. I think the actual eyeshadow has about medium pigmentation but honestly it holds for so long. Again I use it on a cream eyeshadow and I kid you not it stays in place for the whole day. 
I don't know maybe I bled more as it is a powder but it stays on my eyes the longest any eyeshadows have ever stayed. It is also super shimmery and just really pretty. 
Now I really want to try her eyeshadow palettes. Although these colours are limited edition but I just want to warn you that these eyeshadow are really good, if she ever releases loose eyeshadows again! 
I must say that the packaging is a crap. One of my eyeshadow lids just keep on opening up. However, I can see past that. I give her 15 out of 10!


Moving onto lipglosses I was kind of disappointed. I know that she can do a really pigmented lipgloss and very faint lipgloss. 
Candy Frost (the one on the left) is super light in pigmentation yet it is very shimmery with a little purple tint but it is so faint you hardly see anything but shimmer. This is one of those lipglosses to have on no make up days or on the days where you hardly wear any make up. It is pretty and I love this lipgloss. Good addition to the calendar.

Bewitched (the on in the middle) I was disappointed with this one. In the tub the colour is so beautiful, berry red, however that is not the colour you get on your lips. I wanted more pigmentation. 

Macaroon (the one on the right) this was my first lipgloss in the calendar and oh my it is the prittiest colour you've seen or had. It is really light pink, very nude with lots of shimmer and it is not super glossy it is just the best. Now you can understand my disappointment with the Bewitched. You kind want one lipgloss to be really light, another in the middle and third to be very strong. That's not the case in this calendar. 
I wore this pretty much every day. I ditched my bright lipsticks and just wore this nude pinky lipgloss for weeks. 
I love that they are in the little tubs with only 5ml of product. I will be sad to finish Macaroon but I like that they are so portable and you'll probably use them before they'll go out of date. 
I also just love love love the smell of it. To me it smells like melted toffee and it just remind me of my childhood. 

As these are a limited edition products it might seem a little pointless to write this blog post. However, next Christmas Tanya Burr is bringing out another Christmas range and I urge you to get it. You will be pleasantly surprised.

What is your Tanya Burr favourite product? 

Yours Izabele
xoxo


1 comment:

  1. They are so cute aren't they?
    I must say I usually stick to my staples too for everyday make up. I buy all the new make up after watching youtube videos. :D I think new make up is a unknown place, what if you don't like it?
    Thank you so much, I will try and come up with some sort of tutorials. I am still thinking how to document these :D
    thank you x

    ReplyDelete

AD

Design by | SweetElectric