Saturday 5 December 2015

Festive Christmas Drinks


As soon as pumpking spice latte came out I was excited about Christmas drinks. Not long after pumpkin spice late all the Christmas Drinks came out too. I was very excited about Costa drinks as they had a big range of festive drinks and I really love costa coffee. 

The first drink I had was Salted Caramel Cappuccino from Costa. It sounded super nice but ended up tasting like caramel Cappuccino. I think when you use things that dissolve in liquids it's not gonna be the same. Like salted caramel cakes are fine because you can taste caramel and the salt, but when it is in a drink then the salt dissolves and you are just left with caramel drink. 2 out of 5.


Then I had Caramel Fudge Chocolate from Costa. OMG THIS ONE IS GOOD. Yeah it deserves capitals! It is just so chocolaty chocolate goodness. It taste so chocolaty and that chocolate net thing on the top sinks to the bottom and the last few sips you have rich hot chocolate and melted actual hot chocolate! I want it now! This is how hot chocolate should be, very rich and chocolaty and the best! Please try it. 5 out of 5.


Then I tried Black Forest and Gingerbread Latte. These are my least favorite drinks from the whole range. I am not fan of ginger yet it did make me feel quite festive and it wasn't so bad. Black forest hot chocolate was like normal hot chocolate but with cherry sauce which is nice but it wasn't Caramel Fudge Hot Chocolate. Both I score 3 out of 5.


I didn't get to try White Hot Chocolate from Costa last year so I made sure I tried it this year because people were going crazy for it. To be honest I don't see what the fuss is about. It is okay, it taste a little different from the normal hot chocolate but to me it tasted very milky. I score this white chocolate a 2 out of 5.

Then I tried Starbucks  Eggnog Latte which was very festive yet very rich in flavour and it tasted like liquor a little bit. I had to through it away half way through because it was just making me feel sick. it was like Baileys being made into a latte. Not for me. 1 out of 5.


The last drink I tried was Honey & Almond Hot Chocolate and Toffee Nut Latte. If you like marzipan you will love Honey & Almond Hot chocolate. It tastes very almondy and personally I don't like marzipan but with good conversation I finished the whole thing and I kind of liked it at the end. I also like that it comes with chocolate whipped cream, I thought that was interesting and new. 3 out of 5. 
Toffee Nut Latte on the other hand I really liked. It tastes like nuts and latte and recently I feel in love with the taste of nuts. I opt for nutty ice-cream and cakes if I have them. This one I score a 4 out of 5.

Of course there are many more coffee shops and Christmas drinks to try out but I just got cautious of how much sugar goes in those drinks and I just stopped getting them. they are also quite expensive from £2.50 and up to £4. 
If you have any good suggestions I am open to them so please let me know. 
Enjoy your Festive drinks! 

Yours Izabele
xoxo










No comments:

Post a Comment

AD

Design by | SweetElectric